2017 P&F Grant Announcement
PROJECT AWARD AMOUNT UP TO $50,000
The Nutrition Obesity Research Center (NORC) announces the 2017 RFA for Pilot and Feasibility Grants to provide pilot funding to pursue novel ideas broadly relevant to nutrition, obesity, and metabolism research. The NORC P&F Program is funded by NIDDK to support junior faculty and established investigators wishing to pursue new directions in NORC related research.
UCSF Pilot funding of up to $50,000 per application is available for a period of 12 months from the time of award.
Support during the P&F funding year is intended to aid the research project to eventually secure extramural (preferably NIH) funding. Applicants are encouraged to make use of the Core Services supported by the NORC (see http://norc.ucsf.edu/cores) at a subsidized rate for NORC investigators. Grantees must participate and present in the yearly NORC retreat held in Fall. Publications resulting the P&F award must acknowledge NORC Award P30DK098722.
Applications are Due at Midnight on Thursday June 1st, 2017. We expect to make funding decisions around July 1, 2017.
- Early-stage investigators engaged in nutrition, obesity, and metabolism.
- Established investigators who wish to redirect aspects of their research programs to nutrition, obesity, and metabolism.
- Established investigators interested in developing entirely new research directions in nutrition, obesity, and metabolism.
NIH review criteria (Significance, Investigators, Innovation, Approach, Environment) will be used. Priority will be given to innovative and promising proposals that will likely lead to future extramural funding opportunities. Collaborative projects with colleagues at UCB/Buck Institute/CHORI are also encouraged, but the designated PI must have a primary appointment at UCSF. Contact Holly Ingraham (firstname.lastname@example.org) for questions.
Submit a single compiled PDF to Ms. Anne Sufka via email email@example.com by Tuesday June 1st, 2017 that contains the following information:
- Cover Page - Title of Project, Name(s), Title, Department, Contact Info, and Pre-Award Departmental Contact
- Research Plan - Not to exceed 2 pages excluding references - 0.5“ margins, Arial or Times 11 font.
- Budget and Budget Justification and documentation of collaborative arrangements (1 page)
- NIH Biosketch of PI (and Co-PI, if applicable) including Active Support
Applications will be reviewed by an internal committee. Funding decisions will be made based upon reviews and portfolio balance. All required approvals must be completed before funding is released.
CENTER MEMBERS ARE REMINDED TO ACKNOWLEDGE THE UCSF NORC GRANT CONTRIBUTION IN THEIR PUBLICATION (P30DK098722)